Walk for Freedom is our global fundraising and awareness event, rallying tens of thousands of people, taking millions of steps, in hundreds of cities all over the world. We walk to disrupt the existence of slavery, shaking its very foundation with each step.
It’s an outward expression of A21’s inward desire to see slavery abolished everywhere—in our cities, in our communities, and in our world. One step at a time and one dollar at a time, we fundraise and walk to see a world without slavery.
Last year, we showed up in 475 locations in 50 countries, reaching 70 million people through social media. Each step mattered. Each step made a difference.
But there are millions who have yet to be freed—and this year we continue to walk, to show up, to raise awareness, to fight—for the victims in our cities and around the globe still trapped in slavery.
This year we will take more ground than ever before.
• Desire to see a world where slavery does not exist.
• Believe that together, by rallying our communities, we can make a difference.
• Believe that every human being on the planet should be free.
• Want to see awareness turn into action.
Sound like you?
All walks will officially take place on October 19, 2019. All hosts must be 18 years old or older to be considered, and there must be a co-host for each event. While hosts are responsible for any walk expenses, there are many ways to fundraise and raise money for each event.
• Provide a public contact email for participant communication
• Choose a walk location
• Organize all event logistics
• Promotion of the Walk For Freedom event to the public and local media
• Fundraising on behalf of A21
• Partnership with local churches, businesses, and other organizations
• Gather a team to assist with event planning and promotion
• Cover all walk expenses
While hosts are responsible for any walk expenses, there are so many ways to fundraise and raise money for each event.
Reporting to A21 is also necessary as the event grows closer and closer. This includes sending us:
• An evaluation form
• A day-of report
• A final evaluation form
• Printing costs
• Promotional materials
• Event Insurance (not provided by A21)
• Equipment rentals (tables, PA systems, etc.)
Host Registration Opens
Walk for Freedom Launch!
Participant Registration Opens
Host Registration Closes
Events Report Due