Charlotte, North Carolina   

 

  

   

Current Opportunities


LOCAL & OPERATIONAL VOLUNTEERS

Local Volunteers are individuals who live near Charlotte, NC and are willing to commit a minimum of 15 hours per week on an ongoing basis.
OPERATIONAL VOLUNTEERS ARE INDIVIDUALS COMING FROM OUT OF THE AREA/STATE AND SERVE A SHORT-TERM PERIOD FOR 2-6 MONTHS, WITH A MINIMUM OF 30 HOURS PER WEEK.

 

Operational and local volunteers will both experience and take part in a broad range of volunteer activities including:
• Plan & facilitate activities for survivors.
• Plan & facilitate survivor's birthday parties and/or holiday celebrations
• Accompany A21 staff and survivors for appointments and other trips
• Work with the A21 team to create and build the Aftercare Program
• Assist in the daily functioning of the office
• Participate in local A21 events, which may occur on evenings and weekends

 

THE REQUIREMENTS FOR BEING ACCEPTED FOR AN OPERATIONAL OR LOCAL VOLUNTEER POSITION ARE:
• Applicants must be 18+ years of age
• Applicant must be female
• Applicant must be able to dedicate a minimum of 15 hours per week in office (If applying for Local), and a minimum of 30 hours per week in office (If applying for Operational).
• Applicant must be able to speak and write in English
• Applicant must submit two written references (A21 will request and provide the template for this in stage 2 of the application process).
• Applicant must submit a Mental Health Assessment from a General Practitioner or Psychologist (A21 will request this assessment in stage 3 of the application process).

  

INTAKES
 


Fall 2018
NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS

Spring 2019
NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS

Summer 2019
START: May 20, 2019
END: August 16, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 5, 2018

Fall 2019
START: August 12, 2019
END: December 20, 2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 7, 2019

   

BUDGET


If you're coming from out of town, we recommend budgeting $3,500 usd total for 3 months in charlotte. This would include accommodation, food, and activities.

    

APPLY NOW

 

 

 

Have some questions?

CHECK OUT OUR

FAQ's

   

Confirmation Content

   


DOES A21 COVER THE ACCOMMODATION COSTS?

Although there is no program cost for A21’s Volunteer Program, volunteers are expected to fund their travel costs and living expenses for the duration of their stay. We recommend connecting with nearby churches, host families, and university campus housing.

 

DO YOU OFFER SHORT TERM VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES?

At this time, our Aftercare Program does not allow for less than 2 months commitment of volunteering. We feel it is in the best interest of Survivors in our care to have the same people around them during their journey of healing.

If you are interested in a short term opportunity that assists in orphanages or low-income communities, we encourage you to contact: IJM, She Rescue Homes, Love146, Hand of Hope, or Trafficking Hope as they run different programs.

 

WHAT DO VOLUNTEERS DO IN THIS OFFICE?

A21 volunteers work alongside the A21 team, learning more about human trafficking and the “ins and outs” of what it takes to work for a global NGO. Our volunteers work in various departments within A21.

Within the aftercare setting, about 80 percent of volunteer tasks consist of Administration work, while the other 20 percent is spent in person with Survivors. The administration work consists of multiple different projects throughout the year that will progress A21’s Aftercare Model. The time spent with Survivors will include, assisting with appointments, celebratory events, and Lifeskill classes.

 

What is the difference between a Mental Health Assessment and a K10 Assessment?

In the second stage of the application process you will be asked to submit a K10 Assessment. This should be taken by you personally, as the applicant, and submitted along with your references and background check consent form.

In the third stage of the application process you may be asked to submit a mental health assessment, which is a basic review and/or letter from your General Practitioner or Psychologist that clears you to work around Survivors of Human Trafficking. You can call your General Practitioner and ask for a referral letter that states you are in good mental health to work around Survivors of human trafficking. Or you can call a local Psychologist and ask them if they would be able to do a basic Mental Health Assessment.
   

Confirmation Content