Job Title: Regional Manager - Asia Pacific
Work Hours: Full Time
Chief Operations Officer
RESPONSIBLE FOR - PEOPLE:
Country Managers in Asia Pacific: Thailand, Cambodia, Australia and new countries
RESPONSIBLE FOR - BUDGET:
Regional Manager Budget
- To provide Leadership and Management of Country Managers in Asia Pacific
- To develop strategy to grow A21’s influence and impact across the region.
- To represent A21 professionally at key events across the region involving: Law Enforcement (LEA), Government Departments, Public & Private sector organisations.
- To promote the Vision, Mission and Core Organisational Culture & Values of A21 both internally and externally
- To assist A21 in developing and achieving its 3R Mission through continual improvement and best practice principles.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES/ KEY DUTIES
- Direct oversight of A21 Country Managers in the region.
- Provide leadership and support to develop Country Managers and key A21 leaders in the region.
- Motivate, mentor and coach Country Managers as appropriate in order to achieve organisational KPIs.
- Resolve conflicts and make key leadership decisions as appropriate.
- Chair weekly Regional Ops meeting(s) with Country Managers to monitor progress/development, address issues and share experiences.
- Conduct quarterly on-site visits in each ops country to review projects, KPIs, progress, team health and governance compliance.
- Ensure all Policies and Procedures practices and procedures are in place and regularly maintained in each location.
- Conduct Manager Performance Reviews (1-2-1’s) in collaboration with the A21 Chief Talent Officer (CTO) promoting the development of all staff.
- Help guide onboarding and exit plan of staff in collaboration with STO and Country Manager.
- Empower each country to operate at an excellent standard across all operations in collaboration with Program Directors.
- Exemplify and infuse A21 Core Values and Organisational Culture across each location and team.
- Represent the Asia Pacific region in regular Global Operations Meetings with fellow Regional Managers and Program Directors providing collaboration and assistance as appropriate.
- Attend and contribute to gatherings and training of Country Managers and R-Coordinators in the region.
- Ensure both quality and consistency across the Asia Pacific region.
- Communicate regularly with Staff, Managers and Leadership.
- Collect Weekly Reports from each Country Manager and produce an executive report for COO reflecting key impact issues.
- Collect Monthly Reports from each Country Manager and produce an executive report for COO reflecting key impact issues.
- Produce quarterly report from conducted site visits with review om KPIs, Budget, Program delivery, team health, Emerging Risks as well as adhoc requests from management.
- Other Ad-hoc reports as requested from management
Development of A21 Asia Pacific Operations
- Form a development strategy for Asia Pacific Operations
- Oversee and lead the development of A21’s mission and network in the region.
- Expand A21’s network of partners, both Governmental and non-governmental organisations, to foster new opportunities, expand A21 Operational Programs, A-teams and the future of A21 Affiliates.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders, A-Team leaders and organisations to increase A21’s influence in the region and see A21 Programs disseminated.
- Represent A21 in Asia Pacific region context at conferences, speaking engagements, events and in the media.
- Work with A21’s Donor Development Department to help devise strategies for fundraising trips and donor experiences.
- Participate and help facilitate high-profil donor visits, across the region, helping to present the work of A21 in the region and present new opportunities and vision.
Planning AND Monitoring
- Identify future needs and opportunities for A21 operations in the region
- Strategize with Country Managers on A21’s unique response in each country to address human trafficking and facilitate A21 Programs
- Manage the annual planning process in the region, including setting of KPI’s, Program Proposals and budget writing process.
- Review and monitor KPIs and projects ongoing.
(Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge & Skills)
- At least five (5) years experience in managing individuals towards leadership
- Demonstrated ability to use technology, including word documents, email, electronic database management and page layout.
- At least five (5) years experience in working with a variety of external groups including; Church/Ministry, NGO’S and Government agencies.
- Native or extensive on the ground experience within the Asia Pacific region.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people, to manage and work with teams to meet targets.
- Interpersonal and professional communication skills.
- Strong cross-culture communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal, organisational and professional skills for dealing with external organisations.
- Experience in managing budgets.
- Good organisational skills and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Confidence to inspire and mentor leaders.
- High degree of team leadership.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment.
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of integrity, maintains confidential information.
- Ability to work across organizational and geographical boundaries.
- Commitment to Occupational Health & Safety Management
- Commitment to equality and diversity issues.
- Ability to think strategically and systematically.
- Ability to present yourself well in look and manner.
- Ability to travel and flexibility in time management
- Demonstrated ability to uphold, safeguard, and promote organization’s values and philosophy, particularly relating to ethics, integrity and corporate social responsibility.