- Work 30 hours a week in our Operational Office
- Assist in the daily functioning of the office - Help to maintaining office area, opening and processing mail, data entry etc.
- Resource Room Management - Resource distribution, storage and inventory
- Research and Report writing
- Guest Relations - Assist in hosting visiting guests, Thank you cards etc.
- Events Assistant - Planning, management and coordinating of local events. Participate in all A21 sponsored events (May occur on nights and weekends)
- Communications with Greece A-Teams
Applicants must be/have:
- Female (We are unable to facilitate volunteer positions for men, couples or families)
- 21 Years or older
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral
- Attention to detail
- Proactive and helpful
- Flexible “Whatever it takes” attitude
- Organized and tidy
- Sensitive with confidential information
- Solution focussed and creative in finding solutions to problems.
- Have experience working with foreign cultures
ADDITIONAL APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Two written references (A21 will provide reference forms once online application is completed)
- Psychological assessment from a qualified Physician (A21 will require this assessment by the second stage of the application process)
- Police background check/clearance with working with children clearance.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Accommodation: A21 provides accommodation for all international volunteers. Volunteers can expect to share a room with another volunteer.
- Application process: All applicants must apply online. The applicant will receive an email within a few working days, confirming that we have received their application, requesting references, and notifying them when they can expect an answer.
- Budget/ Cost: A21 provides accommodation and all expenses related to that such as electricity, water, gas etc. The volunteer is required to do the following:
- Cover the cost of their airfare to and from Greece
- Cover the cost of their insurance
- Budget approximately €150 per week of their stay to cover food, transportation to and from work, cell phone bill, personal needs, social activities etc.
- Duration of Operational Volunteer positions: A21 offers both short term (3 months) and long-term (6-12 months) operational volunteer positions. Note that long term positions are ONLY available to applicants who hold an EU passport. Unfortunately there are no visas available.
- Intakes: Due to the high amount of applications we receive, and the limited spots, we have put volunteer intakes in place. Note the application deadline in the (…) next to each intake.
Start Date - January 15th
3 Month End Date - April 14th
6 Month End Date - July 12th (Option Available for EU Residents only)
Start Date - April 12th
3 Month End Date - July 12th
6 Month End Date - October 12th (Option Available for EU Residents only)
Start Date - July 11th
3 Month End - October 8th
6 Month End Date - January 11th (Option Available for EU Residents only)
Start Date - October 3rd
3 Month End Date - December 31st
6 Month End Date - April 1st (Option Available for EU Residents only)